Get Recruited to Play College Volleyball
Be Our Next Success Story
If your dream is to play college volleyball, you’ve taken a great first step. Getting recruited to play college volleyball takes hard work, however, it is certainly achievable if you know how to navigate the college recruiting process. We teach you how to successfully do just that and realize your dream of playing collegiate volleyball.
College volleyball is a headcount sport AND equivalency sport. Women’s Division I is the only headcount sport and the rest are equivalency sports.
START YOUR RECRUITING EARLY AND WITH A PLAN! The earlier you begin, the better your chances of being seen by college coaches, evaluated, and ultimately offered a scholarship.
How To Get Recruited To Play Volleyball In College
- Create Your Athletic Profile
- Set Realistic Expectations (Division of play & Geography)
- Connect with college coaches
- Repeat Steps 1-3
Academics are critical! Women’s Division I volleyball offers full volleyball scholarships (Headcount Sport). The rest of the divisions are considered an Equivalency Sport which means partial volleyball scholarships can be offered which usually means the coach will offer a partial volleyball scholarship and your family will be responsible for paying for the amount left over. Academics can be a big factor here. The higher your GPA and SAT and/or ACT, the more “academic” money you can receive from each college which decreases the amount you will owe out of pocket. (Note - Division III schools don’t have athletic money to offer so most money offered from Division III is academic money).
College Volleyball by the Numbers
- NCAA I - 22 Teams - 4.5 Scholarships - 19 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NCAA II - 20 Teams - 4.5 Scholarships - 18 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NCAA III - 93 Teams - 0 Scholarships - 13 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NAIA - 34 Teams - 8 Scholarships - 15 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NJCAA - 0 Teams - 0 Scholarships - 0 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
Total Men’s College Volleyball Teams ~ 186
Total Men’s College Volleyball Players ~ 1,802
- NCAA I - 334 Teams - 12 Scholarships - 16 Avg Team Size - Headcount Sport
- NCAA II - 298 Teams - 8 Scholarships - 16 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NCAA III - 437 Teams - 0 Scholarships - 16 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NAIA - 220 Teams - 8 Scholarships - 18 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
- NJCAA - 313 Teams - 0 Scholarships - 13 Avg Team Size - Equivalency Sport
Total Women’s College Volleyball Teams ~ 1,802
Total Women’s College Volleyball Players ~ 27,438
We Simplify College Recruiting
Showcase athletic and academic achievements through videos, photos, and stats.
Use our college coach search tool to identify the colleges that best fit your abilities and desires.
We show you the way! We show you what to do and when to do it.
Pick Your College,
Live Your Dream
Begin your collegiate career at the the school of your dreams.
We are College Recruiting Experts
Working with athletes
Scholarships & aid for athletes
Securing funds & placement
Our Reputation Speaks For Itself
“My daughter played basketball at App State. The reason she played there was because of what we learned from CollegePrep…after tearing her ACL late in her junior year, she fell off the recruiting map…essentially the entire recruiting process was fast forwarded and made sense to our family...”
- Thomas T, Father of a female D1 Basketball Player
“…We weren’t sure how important getting his name out there to colleges would be but we quickly found out how invaluable the recruiting resume is…the communication from colleges started pouring in immediately. The only thing we ended up having to do was decide on which school was best suited for Austin…”
- Debbie R, Mother of a male D2 Football Player
“Our experience was A+++...have one regret. I wish we signed up earlier!! In fact, my younger daughter is a rower and is entering her freshman year…I will be signing her up in the Fall. We committed on Easter Sunday of her junior year, which is pretty early. My best endorsement is I am using them again.”
- Jim M, Father of a female D1 Golfer and D1 Rower
“…When we look back, if it wasn’t for you teaching us, Tulane wouldn’t have ever heard of Grant. Although Grant was offered 3 other full scholarships, Tulane was the best school. You taught us how to do everything and made it really easy for us….”
- Debbie F, Mother of a male D1 Basketball Player
“Jess verbally committed to NYACK today – she got a full offer and loved everything about the school – the area – the girls – so she got her wish and got to commit early and will sign in the early Spring...scholarship is worth about $34k/year…”
- Steve L, Father of a female D2 Basketball Player
“Words cannot begin to express how grateful we are to have had you teach us the recruiting process…The opportunity to come in contact with so many wonderful schools and coaches could not have happened without your program…”
- Shannon K, Mother of a male NAIA Golfer