Your recruiting started yesterday! You're already 1 day behind!
Most athletes that are successful in this process begin when they are in 9th or 10th grade. Here are the main reasons to start early.
- Once you’re a 9th grader, you only have 3 summer breaks until you graduate
- Summer Break is when most tournaments/showcases/camps are attended
- Attending these LIVE events are the best chance for coaches to see you in action
- Summer is also the best time to tour college campuses with your family
- Regardless of the division you will be recruited for, you need to be on college coaches radars early so they can make an offer as soon as the NCAA allows for your sport
- The earlier a coach can see you play live, the earlier they start to follow you
- Every recruit and their family wish they had “started earlier in the process”
- You think you have plenty of time to get recruited when you are in the 9th & 10th grade and then say in the 12th grade “I wish I started in 9th or 10th grade”
The #1 thing parents always tell us is they wish they started this process sooner. The earlier you start, the more opportunities a college coach has to see you play and evaluate you. Just like with all things, the more you do something, the better you get. Same with recruiting.